Work in rural and regional WA
Our school psychologists have described working in rural and regional areas as the highlight of their careers. They talk about the rewarding lifestyle, enhanced professional experiences and the opportunity to contribute to the wider community.
School psychologists in our rural and regional areas usually work in teams, based in the more populated towns. They provide a visiting service to schools in the region. Some of the professional and personal benefits of working in a rural or regional area include:
- the chance to be part of your local community
- an opportunity to work with culturally diverse populations
- free relocation intrastate and interstate
- subsidised accommodation, subject to availability
- relocation cost refunds and allowances (for example, to subsidise the cost of transporting your pet and to help with the cost of connecting essential services).
Some regional and remote locations also offer:
- locality and additional allowances on top of your salary, as high as $20,000
- free housing
- an air conditioning subsidy
- annual travel concessions to Perth (or equivalent).