I’m a current teacher in WA
If you are a qualified teacher in Western Australia and would like to continue helping children reach their full potential, come and join us in public education.
You can make a difference in the lives of children and young people throughout our State.
Teaching in Western Australia’s public schools can provide you with fantastic benefits including:
- great work hours and lifestyle balance
- opportunities to work with students of different ages, backgrounds, teaching areas in various locations
- salaries among the highest in Australia with additional financial incentives for teaching in many rural and regional locations and all remote schools
- opportunities to establish lifelong personal and professional relationships
- ongoing professional development and career advancement opportunities
- exciting career paths both through promotion to school leadership positions, such as principals and deputy principals and by achieving recognition as outstanding classroom practitioners, such as Level 3 Classroom Teachers
- 12 weeks paid leave per year (school holidays)
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- career mobility.
We also recognise high performing teachers through various initiatives including the WA Education Awards.
Teachers are recruited all year round, in all disciplines. Public school principals can advertise their positions directly on JobsWA.
Why choose public education
Choose teaching in a public school to benefit from the fantastic opportunities working for the largest employer in the State will provide you.
What you can earn
Teacher salaries in Western Australia are among the highest in Australia. Find out more about teacher salaries and employment conditions.
Where you can teach
Western Australia is a vast State with diverse teaching environments, and amazing places to see and things to do.
Find out more about our schools in WA, and what it’s like to work in Rural, Regional and Remote WA.
How you will be supported
Find out more about the benefits and support we provide our teachers.