As a school psychologist in public education, you can make a difference in the lives of children and young people, helping them reach their full potential.
As a school psychologist with provisional registration, you will receive fantastic benefits you won’t find anywhere else, including:
- Psychology Board of Australia approved supervision for provisionally registered psychologists completing the 4+2 or 5+1 internship program (or working in addition to placement)
- our two-year Graduate Induction Program of professional learning (equivalent to around 25 days)
- 8 weeks’ vacation leave (aligned with school holidays)
- 10.5% employer contributions to superannuation
- more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- professional leadership and support
- opportunities to develop your career and move into leadership or roles in specialised settings
- part-time work arrangements
- the opportunity to work with students of different ages, cultures and backgrounds in locations across the state
- a combination of direct work with children and young people, consultation with staff and supporting schools with whole-school change
- being part of a large regional team of psychologists, from early career to experienced practitioners.
You can access additional benefits if you'd like to work as a school psychologist in rural and regional Western Australia.
Our salaries are among the most generous in Australia, with a starting salary of $83,312 (Level 1.1) for psychologists with provisional registration. You will receive an annual increment until you reach Level 1.3 or until you are awarded general registration.
Psychologists with general registration start at $96,747 and can earn up to $134,404 as senior school psychologists. You can progress to a higher salary again in a lead school psychologist role.
Your work experience and previous qualifications may be considered when determining your starting salary.
Come and join us in Western Australia! We provide relocation assistance for you and your family for all permanent and fixed-term (temporary) appointments of one school year or more.
We will assist with travel and relocating your furniture, personal items and vehicle.
To be considered for permanent, fixed-term, full-time and part-time school psychologist vacancies in public schools, apply to our Graduate School Psychologist Pool. We welcome applications from:
- postgraduate psychology students with provisional registration (for example, Master of Professional Psychology)
- psychologists completing the 4+2 or 5+1 internship pathway to general registration.
In the following video, find out why Amanda and Scott chose to begin their school psychology careers in our WA public schools.