The link for this page is /ed/32eaa6
Schools should be contacted directly for advice on school development days and term dates.
Dates for primary and secondary students in public schools in Western Australia (all dates are inclusive).
2019 Term dates
|Term 1||Mon 4 February - Fri 12 April|
|Break||Sat 13 April - Sun 28 April|
|Term 2||Mon 29 April - Fri 5 July|
|Break||Sat 6 July - Sun 21 July|
|Term 3||Mon 22 July - Fri 27 September|
|Break||Sat 28 September - Sun 13 October|
|Term 4||Mon 14 October - Thu 19 December|
- A Department term dates calendar for 2019 can not be provided as each public school develops its own calendar.
- Please contact your school directly for more information about its specific dates, including school development days (student free).
- Students start the school year on Monday 4 February 2019 and end the school year on Thursday 19 December 2019.
- There are six school development days where students do not attend:
- Two of these days are before the school year starts for students and one day is after the school year ends for students.
- Each school schedules another three days throughout the year in consultation with its school board/council and school community.
- Independent Public Schools have the flexibility to trade-off school development days (except Thursday 31 January and Friday 1 February 2019). All other schools have the flexibility to trade-off the last school development day of the school year (Friday 20 December 2019). Teachers should confirm arrangements for their school development days with the school.
- For staff, details of staff start and end year dates by occupational group are on the intranet.