Because of our outstanding teachers, leaders and school support staff, students in Western Australia are provided with a high quality education – whatever their ability, wherever they live, whatever their background.
Coming from different backgrounds themselves, our staff bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to schools and classrooms. They are leaders in educational innovation and reform. Because they see the potential in every child, their priority is to enrich student learning and inspire students to achieve to the best of their ability.
Through the WA Education Awards, we thank our teachers, leaders and support staff for their role in making a difference in the lives of students in Western Australia.
In 2018 you can nominate in any of the 11 categories:
- WA Premier’s Primary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier’s Secondary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education
- WA Primary Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Principal of the Year
- WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
- WA Education Assistant of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
- WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
- WA Primary School of the Year
- WA Secondary School of the Year
Individual staff who are the subject of nominations and schools that apply have the opportunity to:
- reflect on their achievements
- be measured against best practice criteria
- attend the WA Education Awards presentation breakfast.
All finalists and winners:
- hold the honour of being recognised by colleagues and communities
- help promote the achievements and successes of their students and school communities
- represent the very best in public education in Western Australia
- undertake professional learning in areas of their choice
- establish relationships with education, community and business leaders.
We encourage you to acknowledge the hard work, commitment and passion by nominating an individual or your school for an award.
Nominations open Monday 30 April 2018.
|Nominations open||Monday 30 April 2018|
|Nomination writing workshop||Monday 28 May 2018|
|Nominations close||Friday 29 June 2018|
|Finalists announced||Monday 6 August 2018|
|Finalists networking event||Sunday 25 November 2018|
|Presentation breakfast||Monday 26 November 2018|