The link for this page is /ed/6bac9b
Regulation, review and funding of non-government schools, and support of higher education.
The Department facilitates school education through its roles in school regulation and review.
These roles include:
- registering non-government schools and administering state government financial assistance
- approving alternatives to attending a non-government school in the compulsory years
- assessing community based courses for endorsement
- verifying non-government school student academic records
- reviewing independent public schools
- regulating international school education providers
- conciliation and mediation service for international students
- advising the Minister for Education and Training.