Become a school psychologist

Become a school psychologist

To work as a school psychologist in WA public schools, you will need registration as a psychologist.

To work as a school psychologist in WA, you will need provisional registration or general registration as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.

If you are studying psychology at university, you need to enter a postgraduate program that entitles you to provisional registration. With the retirement of the 4+2 pathway to general registration, most students complete the Master of Professional Psychology program. This program is available in WA at Edith Cowan University, Curtin University and Murdoch University and online with other universities.

To find other programs offered face-to-face or online, search for 'level 3' or 'level 2-3' programs on the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) website.

We offer practicum opportunities for Master of Professional Psychology students, including funding and support to complete a regional professional experience.