Swimming instructor training program for students
Register for our program to get your accredited swimming instructor and CPR qualifications for free.
To be eligible for the program, you must be:
- a Year 12, university or TAFE student in Western Australia
- at least 17 years old, at the time you complete the courses.
To participate in the program, you must agree to:
- attend a one-day, face-to-face practical course at an aquatic venue.
- complete up to 30 hours of self-paced online learning.
- complete your industry training in one of our swimming programs.
- allow 2 weeks because this is competency-based and may take more or less time.
- apply for a job in one of our swimming programs within 12 months of your practical course.
- reimburse us $170 for the cost of the course if you don’t apply for swimming instructor jobs with us within 12 months of your practical course.
- Read the program terms and conditions.
- Complete the Student registration form.
- Register for a CPR course and swim teacher course at your preferred location.
- The CPR courses run from 8 am to 9:45 am.
- The swim teacher courses all run from 10 am to 5 pm.
- To register for these courses, you need your unique student identifier (USI). If you don’t have one, Get a USI.
Pay rates for swimming staff
Swimming instructors and water safety officers are paid as casual employees and receive a competitive salary.
Apply for a swimming instructor or water safety officer job
Once you register with us, you can apply for swimming instructor or water safety officer jobs, and relief work.