We offer exciting opportunities and pathways for teachers with leadership capabilities to further their careers.
Outstanding classroom practitioners can be rewarded to stay in the classroom becoming expert mentors and/or curriculum leaders or can choose to pursue school leadership positions.
There is a range of leadership roles in our schools.
Senior Teachers are experienced teachers committed to high quality teaching and ongoing professional learning. They play an important role in:
- developing and contributing to curriculum development
- providing mentoring, supervision, professional support, counselling and guidance for teachers
- contributing to the leadership of school development planning and identifying priorities.
Level 3 Classroom Teachers
Level 3 Classroom Teachers are exemplary teachers recognised and rewarded for their exceptional teaching practices. They play important roles in providing and supporting high quality teaching and leadership in schools and exert influence beyond their classrooms by taking leadership roles in their school communities
Level 3 Classroom Teachers are highly skilled in:
- meeting the learning needs of their students
- developing and implementing student assessment and reporting strategies
- reflecting on and improving their teaching practices
- developing and delivering professional learning for colleagues
- providing leadership in their school communities.
Heads of learning area are curriculum leaders in secondary schools. They also have line management responsibilities for the teachers in their teams. Program Coordinators are responsible for specific programs in their school such as student service or coordination of vocational education and training.
Deputy principals assist the principal with managing the school. Some deputies may manage the school’s human resources or the middle school in a large secondary school.
Principals are responsible for the overall management of schools. They maximise opportunities for teachers and students to be successful. They advocate for the school and deliver local education solutions to the aspirations and demands of parents and the wider school community.