The WA Education Awards recognise inspiring teachers, outstanding principals, excellent support staff and successful schools.
Nominations for the WA Education Awards 2019 have now closed. Finalists will be announced Tuesday 23 July.
Anyone employed by the Department of Education can submit a nomination, as well as chairs of school boards/councils and presidents of parents and citizens’ associations. Parents and students are not eligible to submit a nomination. Staff cannot submit a self-nomination.
Choose a category to find out more:
- WA Premier's Primary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier's Secondary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award
- WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
- WA Education Assistant of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
- WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
- WA Primary School of the Year
- WA Secondary School of the Year
- WA Primary Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Principal of the Year
Individual staff who are the subject of nominations and schools that apply have the opportunity to:
- reflect on their achievements
- be measured against best practice criteria
- attend the WA Education Awards presentation breakfast.
All finalists and winners:
- hold the honour of being recognised by colleagues and communities
- help promote the achievements and successes of their students and school communities
- represent the very best in public education in Western Australia
- undertake professional learning in areas of their choice
- establish relationships with education, community and business leaders.
We encourage you to acknowledge the hard work, commitment and passion by nominating an individual or your school for an award.
You may be interested in
WA Education Awards
We love passionate educators. Who deserves your recognition? Finalists are announced Tuesday 23 July 2019.
The WA Education Awards recognises inspiring teachers, outstanding principals, excellent support staff and successful schools.