The Minister for Education and Training, the Hon Sue Ellery MLC, has announced a community consultation to gather the views of local parents, students and community members on secondary education options in the Clarkson, Kinross and Mindarie area.
The Department’s preferred model for secondary students is to provide them with continuous schooling from Year 7 right through to Year 12 – all delivered in one school environment.
This minimises the transition points in a student’s schooling, creating a more seamless secondary education.
Reducing the number of changes that students experience, by having to move from one secondary school to another, is beneficial for their social, emotional and academic development.
- Clarkson Community High School caters for students from Years 7 to 12.
- Kinross College caters for students from Years 7 to 10.
- Mindarie Senior College caters for students in Years 11 and 12.
The following options were available for comment:
- Kinross College and Mindarie Senior College each extend to become Years 7 to 12 schools with separate local intake areas.
- Clarkson Community High School is repurposed and becomes part of North Metropolitan TAFE, Clarkson campus to focus on training for young people.
The survey is now closed.
Read the Minister's announcement.