When you join us, we support you in your transition from university with ongoing professional development opportunities and guidance from our senior leaders and mentors.
Our graduate teacher induction program will help you make a successful start to your career as teacher. We can’t wait to support you with:
- a coaching program that provides one on one targeted support to further develop and refine your practice
- targeted professional learning modules to build your skills, effectiveness and confidence and form strong professional networks
- a school induction that gives you relevant local information and a school mentor to support your well being
- a start-up allowance of $1600 for your first two years (pro-rata)
- curriculum materials allowance of $150 for primary teachers and $78 for secondary teachers
- extra classroom release time for professional learning
- your transition to full registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia
We offer a comprehensive package of employee benefits and support.
As your career progresses there are many opportunities to participate in professional learning to support your development and aspirations.
You can apply for our teaching positions in your final semester of study. Many graduate teachers start their careers as permanent members of our team having been selected from our Graduate Teacher Pool, or by applying to an individually advertised position. We also need short term and casual relief teachers. There are lots of opportunities in our schools.
We don’t just employ lots of excellent teachers - we also employ thousands of talented professionals who work in schools and support services across Western Australia – making a real difference in the lives of children and young people. Other graduate opportunities are available in areas including:
- business and administration
- human resources
- communications and marketing
- information technology.