I’m a new graduate
As a graduate teacher in public education, you can make a difference in the lives of children and young people, helping them reach their full potential.
Teaching in Western Australia’s public schools can provide you with fantastic benefits including:
- opportunities to work with students of different ages, cultures and backgrounds in locations across the state
- salaries among the highest in Australia with financial incentives for teaching in many rural and regional locations and all remote schools
- additional graduate assistance including learning modules to build your capacity and skills and a $1600 allowance a year for the first two years after graduation in addition to your salary
- ongoing professional learning and career development with opportunities to establish lifelong personal and professional relationships
- 12 weeks paid leave per year (school holidays)
Find out why graduate teacher Grace chose to begin her teaching career in regional WA.
- Where you can teach
- What you can earn
- How you apply
- How you will be supported
- How to complete a practicum in a rural, remote or regional school
Where you can teach
Western Australia is a vast State with diverse teaching environments, and amazing places to see and things to do.
Find out more about our schools in WA, and what it’s like to work in Rural, Regional and Remote WA.
What you can earn
Teacher salaries in Western Australia are among the highest in Australia. Find out more about teacher salaries and employment conditions.
How you apply
Find out more about how to apply to teach in WA.
How you will be supported
One of the benefits of starting your career in public education is our Graduate Teacher Induction Program. This program has been specifically designed to meet the needs of our early career teachers and comprises:
- The Graduate Teacher Professional Learning Program to build your skills, effectiveness and confidence as you begin your career. The program is delivered via four two-day modules focused on highly effective teaching.
- The In-Class Coaching Program to provide you with a personalised experience facilitated by a trained teaching and learning coach.
To find out more about our Graduate Teacher Induction Program, phone 9402 6299 or email.
You may also be eligible for our Graduate Allowance payment to assist with purchasing professional resources as you establish your career.
Find out more about the benefits and support we provide our teachers.
How to complete a practicum in a rural, remote or regional school
As a pre-service teacher in your final year of study, find out how we support you to complete a Country Practicum in one of our rural, regional or remote schools.
What our teachers say
Contact our Teach in WA team
Contact our Teach in WA team
Speak to someone from our team and discover the amazing opportunities for you in public education. Call us on (08) 9264 4412 or email TeachinWA@education.wa.edu.au