2022 Premier's Anzac Student Tour
The Premier’s Anzac Student Tour will travel to Albany and Darwin from 16 to 26 April 2022.
This historical education program will focus on the commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the bombing of Darwin.
Student ambassadors will embark on a unique experience as they investigate the Anzac legacy in the context of nation building between the wars, and explore defence of the home-front during World War II.
Tour members will be guided by the question "Why might historical events matter to me, my community or the world?"
Students from across Western Australia have submitted their entries for the chance to be selected as ambassadors for the tour. The successful student ambassadors will be announced in November 2021.
Students were required to prepare an extended written response of no more than 1000 words on the following topic:
- What would it have been like to grow up in a family affected by war?
Student applications closed 5.00pm, Friday 13 August 2021.
Schools conducted their own selection processed and could nominate up to three students in each of the two categories of Years 8/9 and Year 10/11.
Students entering needed to display:
- a genuine interest in the Anzac experience
- an appreciation of the study of history
- excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence
- a willingness to share their tour experiences (if selected) in their school and local community.
To be eligible, all entrants required a nominating teacher and endorsement by the principal to confirm their suitability to represent their school, community and the State as a youth ambassador on the 2022 Premier’s Anzac Student Tour.
Submitted entries are judged by a selection panel.
|Student applications closed||Friday 13 August 2021|
|State finalists are advised||Monday 20 September 2021|
|State finalist group discussions||Monday 4 October 2021|
|Announcement of 10 successful students||Thursday 11 November 2021|
Teacher supervisors who join the tour:
- chaperone 10 students (in accordance with the Department of Education’s Excursions Policy)
- provide support in developing and delivering the history education program
- assist with organising the tour.
Teacher supervisor applications closed 5.00pm, Friday 20 August 2021.