Language development centres
Specialist early intervention programs for children in the early years of schooling who have a speech and language impairment.
Our Statewide Speech and Language Service provides support, including an outreach service to help schools more effectively meet the needs of students with speech and language difficulties.
Language development centres (LDCs) provide specialised language support for students with a primary diagnosis of a developmental language disorder. Our LDCs support students from Kindergarten to Year 2, offering small class sizes and a multi-disciplinary team.
There are 5 LDCs located at mainstream schools in the metropolitan area:
- Fremantle Language Development Centre
- North East Metropolitan Language Development Centre
- Peel Language Development School
- South East Language Development Centre
- West Coast Language Development Centre.
Find the list of endorsed programs for students with disability.