Employment eligibility

Employment eligibility

If you’re starting employment in a public school or Department worksite you must meet eligibility requirements and complete probity checks.

Prior to commencing employment all individuals must submit a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC) and be issued a Screening Clearance Number (SCN).

We do not accept police clearances from any other agency. The only exception is teachers and school leaders who are usually screened by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA)

In many instances, a Working With Children Check (WWC Check) will also be required, depending on the nature and location of the role.

You must also be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or have a valid visa with relevant work rights from the Department of Home Affairs

As part of our eligibility requirements, school psychologists must be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and teachers must be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia.