Community consultation in the Clarkson, Kinross and Mindarie area
A community consultation was undertaken to gather the views of local parents, students and community members on secondary education options in the Clarkson, Kinross and Mindarie area.
The Department’s preferred model for secondary students is to provide them with continuous schooling from Year 7 right through to Year 12 – all delivered in one school environment.
This minimises the transition points in a student’s schooling, creating a more seamless secondary education.
Reducing the number of changes that students experience, by having to move from one secondary school to another, is beneficial for their social, emotional and academic development.
- Clarkson Community High School caters for students from Years 7 to 12.
- Kinross College caters for students from Years 7 to 10.
- Mindarie Senior College caters for students in Years 11 and 12.
The following options were available for comment:
- Kinross College and Mindarie Senior College each extend to become Years 7 to 12 schools with separate local intake areas.
- Clarkson Community High School is repurposed and becomes part of North Metropolitan TAFE, Clarkson campus to focus on training for young people.
- No change.
Based on the findings the community was split on the two options for the secondary schools in the area. The Department will now undertake further consultation to ensure the best outcome for the students.
Read the Minister's announcements:
Local community gets its say on secondary schooling in the area - Friday, 20 November 2020
Local community has its say in consultation - Monday, 25 January 2021
Factsheet - Community consultation in the Clarkson, Kinross and Mindarie area
Have your say on public secondary schooling in the Clarkson, Kinross and Mindarie area.