2024 Premier’s Anzac Student Tour
The Premier’s Anzac Student Tour will travel to Singapore in April 2024.
Accompanied by 3 teachers, the group of 10 students will depart for the 10-day tour on 5 April.
The 2024 program gives students a unique opportunity to investigate the Anzac legacy, find out more about those who served in the armed forces, and to commemorate the 82nd anniversary of the fall of Singapore and 106 years since the signing of the Armistice.
Students from across Western Australia can submit their entries for the chance to be selected as ambassadors for the tour. The tour is an annual competition open to all Western Australian students in Years 8 to 11.
A selection panel will choose students as tour ambassadors based on a written submission and interviews which demonstrate their interest in Australian history and understanding of the Anzac legacy.
- Student eligibility
- Student application and selection process
- Submit your application
- Teacher supervisor application
All students in Years 8 to 11 at a public or non-government school in Western Australia are eligible to apply.
Students who enter need to display:
- a genuine interest in the Anzac experience
- an appreciation of the study of history
- excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence
- a willingness to share your tour experiences in your school and local community, if selected.
- an understanding of:
- some of the positive values exhibited in times of war
- the lessons of war for the current generation
- the importance international peacekeeping processes and non-violent means of resolving conflict.
Students may prepare individual responses as a class assessment task or as a personal project outside any assessment schedule.
The application has 2 parts:
- a written response
- an application form.
For more information, including the written response task and application form, refer to the Student application package.
Staff at schools may conduct their own selection process. You can nominate up to 3 students in each of the 2 categories:
- Years 8 and 9
- Years 10 and 11.
A selection panel will judge all submitted entries. We will shortlist applicants to progress to a state final where they will discuss their:
- understanding of the Anzac legacy
- capacity to act as youth ambassadors for Western Australia.
Student applications close at 5 pm on Friday 11 August 2023.
We will notify state finalists on Monday 18 September 2023.
We will conduct state finalist group interviews on Friday 6 October 2023.
Once you complete both parts of the application, email a signed copy to email@example.com.
You must submit your application by 5 pm on Friday 11 August 2023. We can't accept late applications.
There is an opportunity for 2 teacher supervisors to join the 2024 tour to:
- chaperone 10 students (in accordance with our Excursions in Public Schools Procedures)
- provide support to develop and deliver the history education program
- help to organise the tour.
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 18 August 2023.
For more information, including eligibility criteria and the application form, refer to the Teacher supervisor expression of interest package.