WA Education Awards
We love passionate educators. Who deserves your recognition?
Our outstanding teachers, principals, deputy principals and school support staff across Western Australia provide a world class education to every student in every classroom, every day.
They come from all walks of life to bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our schools and classrooms. They are leaders in educational innovation and reform. They see the potential in every child, aspiring to give students a pathway to a successful future and help them grow from strength to strength.
Through the WA Education Awards, we thank our teachers, leaders and support staff for their role in making a difference in the lives of students in Western Australia.
In 2021, there are two new categories for deputy principals, giving us even more opportunities to recognise amazing educators who help ensure success for our students.
Past winners can now also be nominated for the same category after a period of two years, that is, winners from 2018 and earlier are eligible for nomination in the same category this year.
You can nominate in any of the 13 award categories:
- WA Premier's Primary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier's Secondary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award
- WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
- WA Education Assistant of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
- WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
- WA Primary School of the Year
- WA Secondary School of the Year
- WA Primary Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Principal of the Year
- WA Primary Deputy Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Deputy Principal of the Year.
Nominations open late April 2021, along with all the tools and information you need to nominate, such as criteria, eligibility, terms and conditions and examples.
Register for email updates and be the first to know when nominations open!
When nominations close in early July, judging panels for each category will consider all nominations, choose four finalists and select a winner, announced at the presentation event in Term 4.
We encourage you to acknowledge hard work, commitment and passion by nominating an individual or your school for an award. Who will you recognise?