Qualified secondary teachers – UK, Ireland, Canada and South Africa
Join us and shape the future of young people and their communities in regional public schools across Western Australia.
- flights for you and your family to Australia, and to your new location
- payment for the relocation of your furniture and effects
- up to 8 weeks fully funded accommodation on arrival
- payment or reimbursement of visa costs
- a culturally responsive and robust induction – which will familiarise you with our curriculum, behaviour management and inclusion strategies, as well as providing wellbeing support.
- free or subsidised housing, depending on availability and the location of your appointment.
Benefits and allowances depend on your school and can be viewed using our benefits calculator.
Qualified secondary teachers with a minimum of two years’ teaching experience may be eligible to receive temporary visa sponsorship, for up to four years on a temporary work visa. We will fully fund visa application and nomination costs, including any qualifications assessment you require. We can also support you to progress through to a permanent sponsored visa, after working in our public schools.
Note that depending on the visa sponsorship requirements you may be restricted to working in the same role and location for the period of your sponsorship (up to 4 years).
If you do not have 2 years teaching experience you may be eligible to teach whilst on an extended holiday with a Working holiday visa.
If you’re an New Zealand citizen you are able to work in Australia and may be eligible for mutual recognition with the Teachers Registration Board, if you hold current teacher registration in New Zealand.
Our schools fill teaching vacancies in different ways, depending on the location of the school, and the tenure of the position. As a New Zealand trained secpndary teacher, you can apply for jobs in metropolitan, rural and regional schools directly, or for regional schools through our New Zealand Teacher Pool.
By applying to the pool you can select all locations across regional Western Australia that interest you, without needing to submit multiple applications. This is a great way of expressing your interest for a range of positions and increasing your employment opportunities.