Casual teaching for pre-service teachers
Final year pre-service teachers can now access Casual Staff Seeker and teach in public schools across the state.
University students in their final year of study can apply to our Casual Teacher Pool and work in public schools across WA.
To become a pre-service casual teacher you must:
- be eligible to work in Australia
- have a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- be in your final year of education study at an Australian university
- show proof of completed professional experiences
- fill in and attach the Application for Limited Registration to your Casual Teacher Pool application.
Once your Limited Registration is granted by TRBWA you will be given access to the Casual Staff Seeker tool to create a profile and update your availability and preferences. Schools can then contact you regarding casual teaching opportunities.