Non-government school census
Non-government schools have a requirement to submit school census data each semester.
Twice a year, in February and August, all schools in Western Australia submit student data taken on the census date. The census reports are published on school data and performance.
The census collects data about all students from age 3 (pre-kindy) to Year 12. This includes public schools, non-government schools and international fee paying students.
The information below provides information for non-government schools about the census process.
First semester census
- The first semester census date is 11 February 2022.
- Schools need to finalise their data submission by COB 16 February 2022.
- A unique login code is emailed to the school contact on 1 February 2022.
Second semester census
- The second semester census date is 5 August 2022.
It is important to ensure the school enrolment information is correct and you have provided the most appropriate contact email. All communication about the census is done via email. Your contact details can be updated within the Student Census System.
To submit the census data read the Student Census System user guide. Section 2: Steps to complete the student census, provides step-by-step instructions for you to submit the census.
Further information is also provided in the guide and it is updated for each census.
When submitting the census you may need to refer to these reference guides:
Per-capita funding applications are completed as part of the census submission each semester.
Steps are covered in the Student Census System user guide. For more information refer to:
- Guidelines for non-government school funding
- Attachment A - Nomination of certification officer form
- Explanatory notes for per-capita funding application
If you are unable to complete the Per-capita funding application within the census system, use the PCFA application.
Support and enquiries
For support with the census system contact our ICT Customer Service Centre:
- call 9264 5555 for metropolitan support
- call 1800 012 828 for regional support
- email email@example.com
- ‘Guidelines for non-government school funding’ or the ‘Explanatory notes for per capita funding Application’
- advice regarding students with various visas including – overseas full fee paying, dependents of full fee paying overseas Commonwealth Scholarship Holder or other temporary residents not on International Secondary Exchange
- financial issues.
You may also be interested in
You may also be interested in
Non-government school funding
Registered non-government schools that operate on a not-for-profit basis may qualify for financial assistance.
Low interest loan scheme
The low interest loan scheme assists non-government schools with capital development projects.
Per capita grants
Per capita grants are provided to assist non-government schools with costs of educating students.