WA Education Awards
Passionate educators are shaping the future through education. Who deserves your recognition?
Our outstanding teachers, principals, deputy principals and school support staff in Western Australian public schools, provide a world class education to every student in every classroom, every day.
They come from all walks of life to bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our schools and classrooms. They are leaders in educational innovation and reform. They see the potential in every child, aspiring to give students a pathway to a successful future and help them grow from strength to strength.
In 2021, there are new categories for deputy principals, as well as changes to eligibility for past winners.
This year, all nominations go in a draw to win a 75 inch interactive screen to the value of $8000 installed at their school, thanks to our sponsor K2AV.
Register for email updates and find out the latest Awards news, such as the details about our upcoming Awards information session.
Categories and nominations
Public school staff, school board and council chairs, and P&C presidents can nominate a staff member or public school for an award. We encourage you to acknowledge hard work, commitment and passion by submitting a nomination. Nominations close 5.00pm, Thursday 8 July 2021.
Download the WA Education Awards 2021 Nomination Guide (.pdf).
Who will you recognise? Choose a category to get started:
- WA Premier's Primary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier's Secondary Teacher of the Year
- WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award
- WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
- WA Education Assistant of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
- WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
- WA Primary School of the Year
- WA Secondary School of the Year
- WA Primary Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Principal of the Year
- WA Primary Deputy Principal of the Year
- WA Secondary Deputy Principal of the Year
Commend your colleague with an acknowledgement card
You can help your principal identify nominees for a WA Education Award in 2021. Download an acknowledgement card, fill it in and post it on the noticeboard in your staffroom. It’s a lovely way for school staff to commend the work of their colleagues.
|Nominations open||Tuesday 4 May 2021|
|Nominations close||5.00pm, Thursday 8 July 2021|
|Judging||Monday 9 August to Friday 20 August 2021|
|Finalists announced||Tuesday 31 August 2021|
|Judges site visits||Monday 6 September to Friday 17 September 2021|
|Finalists' networking event||Term 4 2021|
|Presentation breakfast||Term 4 2021|
Nominations are assessed by judging panels. The panels include:
- academic experts in relevant areas of teaching and education research
- members of education and leadership professional associations
- sponsors committed to public education
- past winners who bring their experience
- senior Department of Education staff.
Two members from each judging panel will visit each finalist at their school to speak with the finalist, school staff, students, parents and referees to help determine winners.
Site visits will be held between Monday 6 September to Friday 17 September 2021.
Winners will be announced at a presentation breakfast in Term 4. Ticket sales will open closer to the event.
Finalists and their nominators will be invited to the awards presentation breakfast, as well as a finalists’ networking event.
Finalists travelling from outside the metropolitan area are eligible for assistance with travel and accommodation.
Use these promotional resources to promote the WA Education Awards 2021:
These awards would not be possible without the support and generous contributions of our sponsors.
Terms and conditions
To be considered for an award in the WA Education Awards 2021, you must meet the following terms and conditions of entry.