Interm swimming to recommence
Interm swimming to recommence
The Minister for Education and Training has announced that interm swimming lessons can recommence for students, with physical distancing and good hygiene practices in place.
Interm Swimming is a school-based swimming program for children from Pre-primary to Year 7. It provides quality swimming lessons across the State to ensure children develop vital swimming and water safety skills.
We meet the cost of Interm Swimming lessons for all primary students in public schools, and for primary students in rural and remote non-government schools.
The program is also available to primary students in metropolitan non-government schools on a user pays basis. Please refer to the non-government school conditions and invoicing rates.
Parents and carers usually need to pay a fee to cover transport and entry costs into the swimming venue. Contact your child’s school for more information.
Participating schools can download the Interm Swimming enrolment form for parents to complete and return to the school before the start of lessons. Forms are also available in a number of languages other than English below.
Interm Swimming lessons operate across the State with the majority of programs conducted at swimming pools, and some conducted at beach or open water venues where possible. Refer to Interm Swimming operating dates and locations.
To find out more, refer to Interm Swimming operational information.
- Interm Swimming program: information for schools
- Interm Swimming for children in home education
- Translated enrolment forms
Interm swimming lessons are run across the State. Lessons are mainly conducted in swimming pools, however they do operate at select beaches.
Registered school coordinators are invited to submit their lesson preferences in WAIVS each year for lessons in the following year.
Late preferences can be submitted by email and will be considered after online preferences are timetabled.
Lessons in regional areas are now coordinated by Swimming and Water Safety. Schools in regional areas now submit their preferences online using WAIVS.
School coordinators can refer to the following:
- How to submit school booking preferences online
- 2021 Interm Swimming program - school preferences
- Venues operating in 2021
- Interm Swimming operating dates and locations
- Interm Swimming operational information
A current registered school coordinator is required to be able to access the WAIVS school portal. To change your school coordinator, please contact us.
For more information, contact:
Children in home education are welcome to take part in Interm Swimming.
To enrol, please complete the following:
- Application for home educated children to participate in Interm Swimming (PDF download), and
- Interm Swimming enrolment form (PDF download)
- one enrolment form for each child is required
- information completed where applicable, in particular any medical conditions, disabilities and/or medication.