I’m a new graduate
As a graduate teacher in public education, you can make a difference in the lives of children and young people, helping them reach their full potential.
Teaching in Western Australia’s public schools can provide you with fantastic benefits including:
- great work hours and lifestyle balance
- opportunities to work with students of different ages, backgrounds, teaching areas in various locations
- salaries among the highest in Australia with additional financial incentives for teaching in many rural and regional locations and all remote schools
- opportunities to establish lifelong personal and professional relationships
- assistance to complete your graduate modules so you can build your capacity and skills as you begin your career
- a graduate allowance of $1600 a year for the first two years after graduation in addition to your salary
- ongoing professional development and career advancement opportunities
- exciting career paths both through promotion to school leadership positions, such as principals and deputy principals and by achieving recognition as outstanding classroom practitioners, such as Level 3 Classroom Teachers
- 12 weeks paid leave per year (school holidays)
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- career mobility.
We also recognise high performing teachers through various initiatives including the WA Education Awards.
Teachers are recruited all year round, in all disciplines. Public school principals can advertise their positions directly on JobsWA and can also appoint teachers from the Graduate teacher recruitment pool.
- Where you can teach
- What you can earn
- How you apply
- How you will be supported
- How to complete a practicum in a rural, remote or regional school
How you apply
Find out more about how to apply to teach in WA.
How you will be supported
One of the benefits of starting your career in public education is our Graduate Teacher Induction Program. This program has been specifically designed to meet the needs of our early career teachers and comprises:
- The Graduate Teacher Professional Learning Program to build your skills, effectiveness and confidence as you begin your career. The program is delivered via four two-day modules focused on highly effective teaching.
- The In-Class Coaching Program to provide you with a personalised experience facilitated by a trained teaching and learning coach.
To find out more about our Graduate Teacher Induction Program, phone 9402 6299 or email.
You may also be eligible for our Graduate Allowance payment to assist with purchasing professional resources as you establish your career.
Find out more about the benefits and support we provide our teachers.
How to complete a practicum in a rural, remote or regional school
As a pre-service teacher in your final year of study, find out how we support you to complete a Country Practicum in one of our rural, regional or remote schools.
Discover the rewards of teaching