Leap into school psychology
Our Leap into School Psychology program provides an easy way to learn more about the work of psychologists in Western Australia’s public schools and ‘try on the job’ to see if school psychology is right for you.
This program is fully funded by the Department of Education.
The unique design of our Leap program involves:
- 5 modules of self-paced online learning with guest speaker presentations and discussions on a range of topics
- 4 days of work shadowing with our school psychologists in metropolitan or regional public schools
- a presentation day where participants come together to share their learning.
Our Leap program is suitable for:
- postgraduate psychology students or interns with provisional registration
- psychologists with general registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, looking to make a leap into a school psychology career.
We also offer work-integrated learning (practicum opportunities) for Master of Professional Psychology (MPP) students.
Our Term 4 program starts on Wednesday 11 October 2023.