WA Student Council
The WA Student Council provides students with a voice to help shape the future of public education in Western Australia.
The WA Student Council has been established to provide public students with a platform to influence education policy. The inaugural council commenced in September 2022, and each year it is made up of Year 10 and 11 public school students represented from across Western Australia.
The role of the WA Student Council
The student council’s role is to:
- advise the Department of Education and the Minister for Education on education policy and reform
- represent the interest of their educational regions
- represent the interests of all students in WA
- act as ambassadors for WA student leadership.
Council activities will include:
- attending Ministerial meetings
- attending regular online council meetings
- liaising with school students and staff in their region
- attending student leadership activities, which includes training, events and a camp
- providing feedback on Department of Education initiatives.
There are 25 student councillors appointed to the 2023–24 council.
|Student name and nominating school