2021 Premier’s Anzac Student Tour
The 2021 Premier’s Anzac Student Tour State Finals will be held on Friday, 2 October 2020.
Selected participants will travel to Kununurra, Broome, Rottnest and Albany from 16-26 April 2021. The historical education program focuses on:
- the Anzac legacy in the context of Western Australia’s pastoral heritage;
- nation building between the wars; and
- defence of the home-front during World War II.
Students were required to prepare an extended written response of no more than 1000 words on the following topic:
What should we believe when accounts of the same historical event are in conflict?
Using supporting evidence of a Western Australian individual, community or group from Australian military history, present your explanation of this conflict.
Applications closed Friday 14 August 2020.
Schools conduct their own selection process and can nominate up to three students in each of the two categories of Years 8 and 9, and Years 10 and 11. Students entering need to display:
- a genuine interest in the Anzac experience
- an appreciation of the study of history
- excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence
- a willingness to share their tour experiences (if selected) in their school and local community.
Submitted entries are judged by a selection panel. These dates are subject to change.
- Applications opened: Monday 9 March 2020
- Applications closed: Friday 14 August 2020
- State finalists advised: Monday 21 September 2020
- State finalist group discussions: Friday 2 October 2020
- Announcement of successful students: Wednesday 11 November 2020.