This report details our achievements and successes as well as the challenges we face and the opportunities ahead. It also outlines our contribution to broader Government desired outcomes and compliance with legislation and policy.
The report addresses reporting requirements in Treasurer’s Instruction 903: Agency Annual Reports and the Western Australian Public Sector Commission’s Annual reporting framework 2017/18.
- Activities and performance previously reported by the Department of Education Services are included in this report.
- Activities and performance previously reported by the Country High School Hostels Authority are included in this report as they pertain to the School Boarding Facilities Legislation Amendment and Repeal Act 2016.
- The annual report of the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia is included in this report.
- The School Curriculum and Standards Authority tables its own annual report.
- The Training Accreditation Council tables its own annual report.
- Public school annual reports by calendar year are published on Schools Online.
Hon Sue Ellery MLC
Minister for Education and Training
In accordance with section 63 of the Financial Management Act 2006, I hereby submit for your information and presentation to Parliament the annual report of the Department of Education for the financial year ended 30 June 2018.
The report has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Management Act 2006.
In accordance with section 114 of the Teacher Registration Act 2012, the annual report of the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia for the financial year ended 30 June 2018 is included in this report.
ACTING DIRECTOR GENERAL
11 September 2018
This report is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No-Derivatives 3.0 license.
If you wish to reproduce this work in whole or part for commercial purposes or with changes, please telephone our general enquiries number on 9264 4111.
This report can be downloaded as an accessible Microsoft© Word version for text‑only screen readers and is available online. It is also available on request in other alternative formats.
Department of Education Annual Report 2017–18
ISSN: 1449–0315 (Print)
ISSN: 1843–2396 (Web)
SCIS No: 1155879
© Department of Education 2018