This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- people using mobile devices
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment
- rural and regional users.
During 2014 we made significant improvements to our site to meet with the standards set by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA level.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- instructions for resizing
- print styling
- a button for printing pages
- a list of software plug-ins users may require to view site content.
Please note that you can also request to acquire any documents available on the web site. Please contact info-DES@des.wa.gov.au.au to obtain documents in the following formats:
- documents to be made available in an alternative format such as plain text file.
Using the site
The site has the following navigational features to aid you in your visiting experience:
- Search: Search the web site to find what you want directly with keywords.
- Breadcrumbs helps you to determine the location of the page that you are viewing at the time.
How to change the text size
Text on this site can be resized by using the - A + links located at the top right corner under the main menu. Select the - to decrease the text size. Select the + to increase the text size. Alternatively you can:
- use the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft WIndows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in an out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel
Printing pages of the website
Pages of the site can be printed by using the print option in the upper right hand corner of the content area. Print styling has been used for this feature ensuring pages print in a printer friendly format.
Adobe PDF Reader