Students from country WA
Children with exceptional abilities from country Western Australia have access to the Gifted and Talented Programs.
Children who wish to participate in a Gifted and Talented Academic, Arts or Languages Secondary Selective Programs have access to a range of options:
- participate in the Selective Academic Program Online
- attend Bunbury Senior High School or Albany Senior High School, our regional schools
- study in Perth and board at City Beach Residential College
study in Albany and board at Albany Residential College (students must live outside Albany).
Students in regional Western Australia are not required to travel to Perth for testing. They will be allocated a testing venue within their education region based on the location of their current school.
Country testing is coordinated by Regional Assessment Coordinators who organise venues based on the location of students in their region. For more information phone the Gifted and Talented Selection Unit on (08) 9264 4307 or email email@example.com.
If you live in country Western Australia, your child can apply for the Selective Academic Program Online. Using computer links and innovative technology, your child can access the program without moving to Perth.
Each online program is managed by a coordinator from one of our schools. We conduct:
- mathematics and science from Perth Modern School
- humanities (English, society and environment) from Kelmscott Senior High School.
If your child will attend a public secondary school in a regional area, they will be able to access the online program.
Selection into these programs is based on the results of the Academic Selective Entrance Test.
The Gifted and Talented Boarding Allowance is also available to those who do not qualify for:
- the Australian Government Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme
- a State Government Boarding Away from Home allowance.
In 2021, the Gifted and Talented Boarding Allowance is valued at up to $1 634 a year.
To find out more, phone: