To enrol your children in VacSwim they need to be five years on the first day and under 18 years on the final day of the selected program.
You may be asked to provide a birth certificate as proof of age. Age restrictions apply for some higher stages, please check the stages and awards for more information.
Check VacSwim programs and locations for availability and closing dates for online enrolments before making your enrolment.
- Online enrolments
- Postal enrolments
- Enrolling children with special needs
- Late enrolments
- Cancelling or changing your enrolment
Online enrolment is an easy and convenient way of enrolling your children in VacSwim.
- Register in WAIVS. This registration can be done at any time throughout the year regardless of when enrolments open. Once you have registered your family you won’t need to register in future years.
- After registration an email will be sent with a unique username and password. Use this username and password to sign in and complete details for you and your children. When the registration wizard is complete you are ready to enrol when enrolments open.
- In order to make an online payment, you will require a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or Masterpass). If you do not have a credit card you can enrol in person or by mail. Online credit card payment is via a secure site (Commonwealth Bank). Once your payment has been accepted you will be automatically re-directed back to the VacSwim website.
If you do not receive email notification of your enrolment please contact VacSwim to confirm you have enrolled successfully.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with your enrolment, please telephone the VacSwim team on 9402 6412 or view our frequently asked questions.
If you do not have a credit card to enrol online, please complete and return a postal enrolment form:
Handy hints for postal enrolments
- You can save and edit the forms on your computer before printing or emailing.
- Please use one form for each program. If you wish to enrol your children in two programs (for example October and January, or Programs 1 and 2) complete two enrolment forms.
- If you are enrolling in lessons in the metropolitan area you must include two pool venue preferences. Please refer to the programs and locations.
- Children or groups requesting the same or similar lesson times should submit their enrolment forms attached together. Groups are limited to a maximum of six children.
- If your children are taking part in lessons at school as part of Interm Swimming, anticipate a pass in this program and enrol in the next level for VacSwim.
- Please include a cheque or money order made out to the Department of Education with your completed form/s. Cash payments are only accepted when enrolling in person.
- Enrolment forms will not be accepted without correct payment. Incorrect payment will be returned to the sender.
Please post or return in person the completed forms and payment to:
Department of Education
33 Giles Avenue
Padbury WA 6025
Access via MacGregor Drive, Carpark 4
Enrolments must be received at the VacSwim office before the enrolment closing date.
Children with special needs are encouraged to enrol in VacSwim.
If participation is conditional on special precautions being taken, then suitable supervision must be arranged by the parent/carer before enrolment is completed. If possible, smaller class sizes may be arranged, please contact VacSwim immediately after enrolling:
T: 9402 6412
Please complete the special needs form to help us plan the lessons for your child.
If vacancies are available, late enrolments may be made at most locations the day before the program starts (dates differ for short programs). These are made at the location on a first come, first served basis. There is no guarantee that all stages or timeslots will be available.
Details of locations accepting late enrolments and the dates they are held will be promoted in programs and locations approximately one to two weeks before the start of the program.
Please be aware that stage changes have priority over a late enrolment.
You can cancel your children’s enrolment, or change your location preferences or stage, up to the enrolment closing date of the program for which your children are enrolled.
To make changes login to WAIVS using your username (begins with the letter P) and password.
Once enrolments have closed, stage changes can only be made during the first hour of the late enrolment period, at most locations. Please be aware that stage changes have priority over any late enrolment.
For any VacSwim enrolment queries, please telephone 9402 6412 or email email@example.com