WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year
This award recognises the significant role of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers in supporting school staff to develop culturally inclusive teaching and learning programs for Aboriginal students.
This award is proudly sponsored by Kurongkurl Katitjin at Edith Cowan University.
The WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- supporting Aboriginal students
- linking school to community
- providing whole-school support.
In addition to the terms and conditions, the following eligibility criteria apply for this category:
- All Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination are eligible.
- 2019 winners of the WA School Services Staff Member of the Year, WA Education Assistant of the Year and WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year will not be considered for this category in 2021. All previous finalists, and winners from 2018 or earlier, are eligible.