WA School Services Staff Member of the Year
This award recognises the important work of school services staff in making sure schools run smoothly.
This award is proudly sponsored by K2AV.
The WA School Services Staff Member of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See the terms and conditions for more information.
Nominations must answer each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
In addition to the terms and conditions, the following eligibility criteria apply for this category:
- All staff in one of the eligible job roles for this category currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination are eligible.
- 2019 winners of the WA School Services Staff Member of the Year, WA Education Assistant of the Year and WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year will not be considered for this category in 2021. All previous finalists, and winners from 2018 or earlier, are eligible.
Eligible job roles
Administrative support roles in schools
- Manager Corporate Services
- Business Support Officer
- Camp School Manager
- Finance and Administration Support Officer - Camp School
- Finance Officer
- Human Resource Officer
- Library Officer
- Marketing Officer/Coordinator
- School Officer
- Attendance Officer
Facilities support roles
Technical support roles
- Farm Manager
- Farm Supervisor
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Officer
- Senior Technical Officer - Agricultural Instruction
- Technical Officer - Agricultural Instruction
- Technical Support
Other support roles
- Home Economic Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Residential Manager
- Residential Supervisor
- School Psychologists
- Student Support Coordinator
- Student Support Officer
- Student Support Worker - Intensive English Centre
- Vocational Trainer and Assessor
- Youth Support Worker (Defence Secondary Transition Mentor)
If your school services role is not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.