This award recognises the important work of school services staff in making sure schools run smoothly.
By managing day-to-day financial, administrative, technical and hands-on operations, they contribute to their schools providing the best learning environments for students.
See the full list of eligible job roles.
The WA School Services Staff Member of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions11 for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one staff award category in any year.
- The nominee must be practising in the role they are being nominated for at the time of nomination.
- All staff currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination in roles as listed are eligible.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA School Services Staff Member of the Year or WA School Support Staff Member of the Year award will not be considered for a 2019 award.
- Self-nomination in staff award categories will not be accepted.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Joint nominations for staff operating on a tandem, team or job share basis will not be accepted.
Please submit four high resolution images of the person or school being nomninated. Include a mix of portrait and action shots for individual awards. Ensure images for whole school awards include students and staff, not empty grounds, buildings or classrooms. See these example photos for more help.
Nominations open Monday 1 April and close 5.00pm Friday 31 May. Finalists will be announced Tuesday 23 July.