This award recognises the important work of school services staff in making sure schools run well and smoothly.
By managing day-to-day financial, administrative, technical and hands-on operations, they contribute to their schools providing the best learning environments for students.
See the full list of eligible job roles.
The WA School Services Staff Member of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions11 for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one staff award category in any year.
- The nominee must be practising in the role they are being nominated for at the time of nomination.
- All staff currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination in roles as listed are eligible.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA School Services Staff Member of the Year or WA School Support Staff Member of the Year award will not be considered for a 2018 award.
- Self-nomination in staff award categories will not be accepted.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Joint nominations for staff operating on a tandem, team or job share basis will not be accepted.
How to nominate
Read the terms and conditions and eligibility criteria. If the nominee meets the eligibility requirements, download the WA School Services Staff Member of the Year template.
As part of the nomination, you can submit three attachments. An attachment is a document of supporting evidence for your nomination. These can be letters of support, school data or NAPLAN results. Each attachment is to be no more than one single-sided page and must only consist of the one item, for example, one letter of support is one attachment. The total of your whole nomination must not exceed 10MB.
As part of submitting you nomination you will also need to have ready details of the nominee including their E number, years of service, email address and mobile number. You will also need to provide the details of two referees.
Once you have completed your nomination and gathered your attachments, you can submit your nomination.
The occupations that are eligible for nomination in this award category.Download Size: 16.6kB
View an example nomination of one of last year’s finalists.Download Size: 34.2kB
View an example nomination of one of last year’s finalists.Download Size: 234kB
View an example nomination of one of last year’s finalists.Download Size: 29.8kB
Use this written statement template for your WA Education Awards nomination.Download Size: 19.3kB