This award recognises the important work of school services staff in making sure schools run well and smoothly.
By managing day-to-day financial, administrative, technical and hands-on operations, they contribute to their schools providing the best learning environments for students.
See the full list of eligible job roles.
The WA School Services Staff Member of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions11 for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one staff award category in any year.
- The nominee must be practising in the role they are being nominated for at the time of nomination.
- All staff currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination in roles as listed are eligible.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA School Services Staff Member of the Year or WA School Support Staff Member of the Year award will not be considered for a 2018 award.
- Self-nomination in staff award categories will not be accepted.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Joint nominations for staff operating on a tandem, team or job share basis will not be accepted.
Nominations closed 5.00pm Friday 29 June. Finalists will be announced Monday 6 August.