This award recognises primary schools that focus intently on the learning and development of students from the start of their schooling experiences through to early adolescence.
Innovative approaches, community partnerships, strong leadership and commitment to professional learning shape the positive and inspirational culture of these schools.
The award category is for all primary schools. Middle schools and district high schools can decide which category to enter (either primary or secondary). This may be based on whether the majority of students are in Year 7 upwards or Year 6 and below.
The WA Primary School of the Year receives $15 000 and three finalists each receive $2500. See the terms and conditions for more information.
- All Western Australian public primary schools (including early childhood and special education) are eligible. Middle schools and district high schools can decide which category to enter (either primary or secondary). This may be based on whether the majority of students are in Year 7 upwards or Year 6 and below.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one school award category in any year.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA Primary School of the Year award will not be considered for a 2019 award.
- Joint nominations for schools operating in partnership will not be accepted.
- Schools that have had exemplary reviews in the 12 months prior to nominations closing will be automatically nominated for school of the year award categories.
Please submit four high resolution images of the person or school being nomninated. Include a mix of portrait and action shots for individual awards. Ensure images for whole school awards include students and staff, not empty grounds, buildings or classrooms. See these example photos for more help.
Nominations open Monday 1 April and close 5.00pm Friday 31 May. Finalists will be announced Tuesday 23 July.