I’m moving from overseas
If you are a qualified teacher and moving to Western Australia from overseas, come and join us in public education.
You can make a difference in the lives of children and young people throughout our state, helping them reach their full potential.
Teaching in Western Australia’s public schools can provide you with fantastic benefits including:
- great work hours and lifestyle balance
- opportunities to work with students of different ages, backgrounds, teaching areas in various locations
- salaries among the highest in Australia with additional financial incentives for teaching in many rural and regional locations and all remote schools
- opportunities to establish lifelong personal and professional relationships
- ongoing professional development and career advancement opportunities
- exciting career paths both through promotion to school leadership positions, such as principals and deputy principals and by achieving recognition as outstanding classroom practitioners, such as Level 3 Classroom Teachers
- 12 weeks paid leave per year (school holidays)
- subsidised accommodation where applicable
- career mobility.
Teachers are recruited all year round, in all disciplines. Public school principals can advertise their positions directly on JobsWA.
Find out why Newman Senior High School's science teacher, Paul loves teaching in regional Western Australia.
How you become a teacher in WA
If you are not currently registered to teach in WA check in with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia to find out what you need to do.
Other websites you may find useful if you are considering teaching in WA include:
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
- Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority
- The Western Australian Overseas Qualifications Unit
How you will be supported
Our Entry and Orientation Program can support you if you are a qualified teacher joining us from overseas. This program will familiarise you with current best practice in Western Australian public schools.
Find out more about the benefits and support we provide our teachers.