This award recognises schools that work actively to improve education outcomes for Aboriginal students.
With strong leadership, all staff work together and pursue innovations to create positive school experiences where every student reaches their potential.
This award recognises a Western Australian primary or secondary school that demonstrates embedded and consistent practice in building a whole-school culture focused on improving the engagement and academic performance of Aboriginal students.
The WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award is $25 000 and three finalists each receive $2500. See the terms and conditions for more information.
- All Western Australian public primary and secondary schools (including early childhood and special education) are eligible.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one school award category in any year.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award will not be considered for a 2018 award.
- The program or initiative must be currently being adopted within the school and not be retrospective.
- Joint nominations for schools operating in partnership will not be accepted.
Nominations closed 5.00pm Friday 29 June. Finalists will be announced Monday 6 August.