This award recognises schools that work actively to improve education outcomes for Aboriginal students.
With strong leadership, all staff work together and pursue innovations to create positive school experiences where every student reaches their potential.
This award recognises a Western Australian primary or secondary school that demonstrates embedded and consistent practice in building a whole-school culture focused on improving the outcomes of Aboriginal students.
The WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award is $25 000 and three finalists each receive $2500. See the terms and conditions for more information.
- All Western Australian public primary and secondary schools (including early childhood and special education) are eligible.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one school award category in any year.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Award will not be considered for a 2019 award.
- The program or initiative must be currently being adopted within the school and not be retrospective.
- Joint nominations for schools operating in partnership will not be accepted.
Please submit four high resolution images of the person or school being nomninated. Include a mix of portrait and action shots for individual awards. Ensure images for whole school awards include students and staff, not empty grounds, buildings or classrooms. See these example photos for more help.
Nominations open Monday 1 April and close 5.00pm Friday 31 May. Finalists will be announced Tuesday 23 July.