How to enrol in VacSwim
Enrolments for October and January VacSwim programs are now open.
Enrolments for VacSwim 2020–21 programs have closed.
We look forward to your enrolment in our 2021–22 programs.
Program dates will be available in early May and enrolments will open in mid-July.
Enrolling in VacSwim is easy. The most convenient way is to enrol online.
Check VacSwim programs and locations for availability and closing dates for online enrolments before making your enrolment. Concessions are available for families with eligible concession cards.
You can enrol your child if they will be five years or more when they start the program. They need to also be less than 18 years on the final day of the selected program.
You may be asked to provide a birth certificate as proof of age, as age restrictions apply for some higher stages. Check the stages and awards for more information.
- Online enrolments
- Postal enrolments
- Enrolling children with special needs
- Late enrolments
- Cancelling or changing your enrolment
- Enrolling with a concession
Online enrolment is an easy and convenient way of enrolling your children in VacSwim.
- Register in WAIVS. This registration can be done at any time throughout the year regardless of when enrolments open. Once you have registered your family you won’t need to register in future years.
- After registration an email will be sent with a unique username and password. Use this username and password to sign in and complete details for you and your children. When the registration wizard is complete you are ready to enrol when enrolments open.
- In order to make an online payment, you will require a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or Masterpass). If you do not have a credit card you can enrol in person or by mail. Online credit card payment is via a secure site (Commonwealth Bank). Once your payment has been accepted you will be automatically re-directed back to the VacSwim website.
If you do not receive email notification of your enrolment please contact VacSwim to confirm you have enrolled successfully.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with your enrolment, please telephone the VacSwim team on 9402 6412 or view our frequently asked questions.
Postal enrolments are available for families who are unable to enrol online. Enrolling online is recommended as it is easy and convenient.
To enrol by post, download the enrolment form, fill it in and send it with payment to VacSwim before the closing date. You can also use an enrolment form in a language other then English, which you can download below.
- Use one form for each program. If you wish to enrol your children in two programs (for example October and January, or Programs 1 and 2) complete two enrolment forms.
- If you are enrolling in lessons in the metropolitan area you must include two pool venue preferences. Please refer to the programs and locations.
- Children or groups requesting the same or similar lesson times should submit their enrolment forms attached together. Groups are limited to a maximum of six children.
- If your children are taking part in lessons at school as part of Interm Swimming, anticipate a pass in this program and enrol in the next level for VacSwim.
- Include a cheque or money order made out to the Department of Education with your completed form/s. Cash payments are only accepted when enrolling in person. Please bring exact amounts as we cannot give change.
- Enrolment forms will not be accepted without correct payment. Incorrect payment will be returned to the sender.
Post or return in person the completed forms and payment to:
Department of Education
33 Giles Avenue
PADBURY WA 6025
(Access via MacGregor Drive, Carpark 4)
Enrolments must be received at the VacSwim office before the enrolment closing date.
Postal enrolment form in your language
Children with special needs are encouraged to enrol in VacSwim.
If participation is conditional on special precautions being taken, then suitable supervision must be arranged by the parent/carer before enrolment is completed. If possible, smaller class sizes may be arranged, please contact VacSwim immediately after enrolling:
T: 9402 6412
Please complete the special needs form to help us plan the lessons for your child.
If vacancies are available, late enrolments may be made at most locations the day before the program starts (dates differ for short programs). These are made at the location on a first come, first served basis. There is no guarantee that all stages or timeslots will be available.
Details of locations accepting late enrolments and the dates they are held will be promoted in programs and locations approximately one to two weeks before the start of the program.
Please be aware that stage changes have priority over a late enrolment.
You can cancel your children’s enrolment, or change your location preferences or stage, up to the enrolment closing date of the program for which your children are enrolled.
To make changes login to WAIVS using your username (begins with the letter P) and password.
Once enrolments have closed, stage changes can only be made during the first hour of the late enrolment period, at most locations. Please be aware that stage changes have priority over any late enrolment.
You can receive a discount using your concession card when you enrol online using the enrolment system (WAIVS).
- Click on the Concession tab on the 'Our family details' page.
- Upload an image of your card. The image must be a clear scan or photo of your card so staff can check its validity.
- Choose the card type.
- Enter the number and validity dates.
- Click save.
You will receive a response by email when your card has been checked. If valid, you can then make an enrolment and the discount will be automatically included in the price.
Please submit your concession card at least five working days before the program closing date. This gives enough time for it to be checked and validated by our office to enable you to enrol at the concession price.
For any VacSwim enrolment queries, please telephone 9402 6412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org