World Teachers’ Day 2021
Our teachers are making a difference to the lives of young people every day.
World Teachers’ Day 2021 is celebrated across Australia on Friday 29 October. It’s a chance to recognise and thank over 21,000 teachers who work in our public schools.
Despite the challenges of last year, teachers bring their best to work and continue to put their students first.
Teachers play an important role in our community and we thank them for their passion and dedication to inspire children and young people.
Lighting up WA
This year, we are partnering with the Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia, Catholic Education in Western Australia and Edith Cowan University to light up WA red and yellow.
Perth’s Matagarup Bridge, Optus Stadium and other Perth landmarks will be lit red and yellow on World Teachers’ Day to acknowledge and recognise teachers across Western Australia.
There are lots of ways our community can show appreciation and support.
- Get your child to complete a thank you note for their teacher.
On social media
- Use our posters to stylise your social media thank you post.
- Use #WorldTeachersDay and #ThanksWATeachers to share your activities on social media.
- Share a thank you messages from students.
Remember to tag our social accounts for a chance to feature.
- Ask your school community to tell their stories of great teachers. Share them in your school newsletter, social media channels or at a school.
- Host an event to celebrate your teachers.
- Send a message of thanks to a teacher.