Western Australian Certificate of Education
Young people in secondary school can obtain their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) by meeting key requirements.
Young people can choose a range of study options and pathways and can select from WACE courses and programs that:
- count towards their Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR courses)
- prepare them for a general post school pathway (General Courses)
- combine VET qualifications with industry specific work placements (VET industry specific courses)
- focus on supporting their development of literacy and numeracy skills (Foundation Courses)
- are specifically designed to provide support for young people with extra learning needs (Preliminary Courses)
- recognise other forms of learning (VET and endorsed programs).
Whatever direction chosen, our schools offer the courses and programs to help achieve the goals of young people across the State.
Find out about the WACE and its requirements.