Information for parents regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are acting on the advice of the WA Department of Health to take the necessary precautions for schools and staff.
All Western Australian public schools are being supported by the Department of Education to implement a plan in relation to COVID-19.
Term 2 school arrangements
The State Government has announced the following arrangements in Western Australian public schools to help manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information on Term 2 schooling.
Independent and Catholic schools will introduce their own suitable arrangements.
If there was to be a confirmed COVID-19 case at a school, the decision to close a school is based on the expert advice from the WA Health Department’s Chief Health Officer.
The Chief Health Officer will, if there has been a positive COVID-19 test result in a school, close the school temporarily while assessment and tracing of exposure is conducted. A thorough school clean will then be carried out to make the school safe for the return of students and staff.
In this situation, all families will be immediately contacted by the school and provided with the relevant information.
New intrastate travel restrictions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 are now in place.
Do not travel outside of your region unless you are exempt.
For the full list of exemptions and further information visit the WA Premier and Cabinet website.
The Learning at home website is available for additional resources if they are needed.
Updates will be provided as any new information becomes available. Please check back regularly to ensure the information you have is up to date.
The Department of Education, Catholic Education Western Australia and the Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia will continue to respond as a collaborative team to advice from the WA Department of Health and provide updated advice to schools and staff as appropriate.
For more information
- WA Department of Health: www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
- Call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
- If you require advice or support for your child’s education due to COVID-19, your school or Education Regional Office can assist you.
- For further advice or support phone Parent Helpline on 1800 882 345 (8.00am to 4.00pm) or email CoronaVirusSupport@education.wa.edu.au
- For general or travel related queries about coronavirus please go to the healthdirect website.
- Visit the Australian Department of Health website or details about the novel coronavirus.
- You can also visit the World Health Organisation website for more information about coronavirus and for updates.
- Telethon Institute for Kids - Tips for discussing coronavirus with your kids
Please check back regularly to ensure the information you have is up to date. This page was last updated 4 May 2020.