WA Education Assistant of the Year
This award recognises education assistants.
This award is proudly sponsored by oOh!media.
Eligible job roles
- Education Assistant (AUSLAN)
- Education Assistant (Behaviour Centre)
- Education Assistant (Braille)
- Education Assistant (Defence Force Transitional Aide)
- Education Assistant (Mainstream)
- Education Assistant (Special Needs)
- Ethnic Assistant
If your role is not listed, please email email@example.com for advice.
The WA Education Assistant of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
In addition to the terms and conditions, the following eligibility criteria apply for this category:
- All education assistants, and staff in the eligible job roles for this category, currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination are eligible.
- 2019 winners of the WA School Services Staff Member of the Year, WA Education Assistant of the Year and WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year will not be considered for this category in 2021. All previous finalists, and winners from 2018 or earlier, are eligible.
The judging panel include:
- academic experts in relevant areas of teaching and education research
- members of education and leadership professional associations
- sponsors committed to public education
- past winners who bring their experience
- senior Department of Education staff.
Two members from each judging panel will visit each finalist at their school to speak with the finalist, school staff, students, parents and referees to help determine winners.
Site visits will be held between Monday 6 September to Friday 17 September 2021.