This award recognises the vital role of education assistants in supporting the learning and wellbeing of students.
They assist teachers to deliver education programs and encourage supportive and inclusive learning environments.
The award category is for education assistants working in our schools. See the full list of eligible job roles.
The WA Education Assistant of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- knowledge and skills
- imagination, initiative and resourcefulness
- service to the school community.
- A nominee may be nominated in only one staff award category in any year.
- The nominee must be practising in the role they are being nominated for at the time of nomination.
- All education assistants currently working at a Western Australian public school at the time of nomination are eligible.
- Previous winners (not finalists) of a WA School Support Staff Member of the Year, WA Education Assistant of the Year or WA Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer of the Year award will not be considered for a 2018 award.
- Self-nomination in staff award categories will not be accepted.
- Posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Joint nominations for staff operating on a tandem, team or job share basis will not be accepted.
Nominations closed 5.00pm Friday 29 June. Finalists will be announced Monday 6 August.