We provide high quality education for children and young people throughout Western Australia, helping them reach their full potential.
As a teacher, you can make a difference in the lives of children and young people in Western Australia.
Become a teacher to:
- make a difference in the community
- inspire a passion for learning in children and young people
- feel a sense of achievement
- enjoy a job where every day is different.
Teaching in our public schools can offer you:
- opportunities to work with students of different ages, backgrounds, teaching areas in various locations
- ongoing professional learning opportunities
- exciting career paths both through promotion to school leadership positions, such as principals and deputy principals, and by achieving recognition as outstanding classroom practitioners, such as Level 3 Classroom Teachers
- financial incentives for teaching in many rural and regional locations and all remote schools
- career mobility.
We recognise high performing teachers through various initiatives including the WA Education Awards.
We also offer:
- salaries among the highest in Australia
- a graduate allowance of $1600 a year for the first two years after graduation in addition to your salary
- assistance to complete graduate modules so new teachers can build capacity and skills as effective classroom practitioners
- professional development and career advancement opportunities
- 12 weeks a year vacation.
Teachers are recruited all year round, in all disciplines. Public school principals can advertise their positions directly on JobsWA and can also appoint teachers from the Graduate and Fixed Term teacher recruitment pools.