The link for this page is /ed/1302b0
A wide range of people are employed by the Department in various locations throughout the State.
We are responsible for both public schools and non-government education services and this provides a variety of employment opportunities.
Staff in four metropolitan offices provide key services including:
- student services and learning support
- human resources consultancy and support
- financial and accounting services
- information and technology services
- communications and marketing
- teacher registration
- curriculum assessment, standards and reporting
- regulation and review of non- government schools and support of higher education
- registration, course accreditation and quantity assurance of vocational education and training (VET) providers
- providing advice to the Minister on education and training in rural, regional and remote WA.
Staff in regional offices directly support public schools by:
- helping principals implement public school policy
- providing principals and business managers/registrars with financial services
- responding to general requests for information from school communities.