WA Beginning Teacher of the Year
This award recognises beginning teachers who have taught up to three years.
This award is proudly sponsored by Edith Cowan University.
The WA Beginning Teacher of the Year receives $25 000 (50% for professional development and 50% cash) and three finalists each receive $2500. See terms and conditions for more information.
Nominations must address each of the three selection criteria:
- professional knowledge
- professional practice
- professional engagement.The selection criteria is based on the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
In addition to the terms and conditions, the following eligibility criteria apply for this category:
- All teachers who have up to three continuous years teaching experience as at the start of this Term 1, 2021; and are currently working in a Western Australian public school with at least 0.6 FTE dedicated to classroom teaching.
The judging panel include:
- academic experts in relevant areas of teaching and education research
- members of education and leadership professional associations
- sponsors committed to public education
- past winners who bring their experience
- senior Department of Education staff.
Two members from each judging panel will visit each finalist at their school to speak with the finalist, school staff, students, parents and referees to help determine winners.
Site visits will be held between Monday 6 September to Friday 17 September 2021.