Department of Education

Public Education

Discover a world of opportunities

Contact us

Central Office

T: 9264 4111
A: 151 Royal Street, East Perth WA 6004 (entry off Hill Street)

Back to top

Contact your local public school

If you would like more information about public schools in Western Australia, you are welcome to visit or telephone your local school.

Contact your local public school for:
Enrolments, student performance, student behaviour, school policies, parent support groups, dress codes, languages other than English, early childhood programs, WA Certificate of Education requirements and specialist programs.

If you would like to speak to the principal please contact your local school and ask for an appointment.

Find a school

Schools Online is a directory of all public schools in Western Australia.

Back to top

Regional Education Offices

Can provide you with further information on local school options, special programs and services such as school psychology, behaviour centres, home education and reporting students not attending school.

Find a Regional Education Office.
Map of regional education offices.

Back to top

Other services

School Watch Security

T: 1800 177 777
or Police: 131 444
W: School Watch Security


Careers - working in public education

Staff recruitment and employment services
T: 9264 5774
Free call within Australia: 1800 645 461
For overseas enquiries: +61 8 9264 5774
F: +61 8 9264 4571
A: Teach in WA, Department of Education, 151 Royal Street, East Perth WA 6004


Gifted and Talented

This program provides challenging and highly motivating learning opportunities to children with exceptional academic capacity or creative talent. Our public schools cater for gifted and talented children at primary schools and secondary schools.
T: 9264 4307
A: 151 Royal Street, East Perth WA 6004


For information about schooling options for your child with special learning needs you can contact:

An Education Support School or Centre :  use the Advanced Search function and follow the prompts.

School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health Services
T: 9340 8529  (Previously Hospital School Services)

School of Special Educational Needs: Disability
T: 9426 6100

School of Special Educational Needs: Sensory
T: 9426 6100
Vision Education Service
T: 9426 7122

WA Institute for Deaf Education
T: 9286 7000


Studying in Western Australia as an international student

If your child will be studying in Western Australia as an international student, visit Education and Training International.  


Swimming and Water Safety

Interm Swimming - T: 9344 0999
VacSwim - T: 9345 4007

Website Technical Difficulties

T: 9264 4111


Page last updated 03 April 2014

Contact us